Monday, April 30, 2012

pastry heaven

 I'm having to re-think the top 3 most delicious things I've ever eaten because of this cinnamon Danish pastry we shared in Copenhagen. Its not just the most delicious cinnamon roll I've ever had, it just may be the best thing I've ever eaten. It was that good. It's worth 2 photos, so here it is again.

 The next pastry was in Sweden and it tastes remarkably like a family recipe I like to make called, of all things, "Scandinavian almond pastry." I'll have to ask my Mom where the recipe came from (or you could always leave a comment, Mom). It's delicious, and who knew we were making something so accurately named!

You'd expect delicious Danish pastries in Copenhagen, but nothing prepared me for how amazing they would really be. There was also a rhubarb cream Danish pastry that was incredible (not pictured).